Wednesday, March 26, 2008

the surprising thing about ideas is that they find other homes besides yours

wind rattles new spring leaves outside the window from about three blocks away i can hear revving engines of westheimer's traffic men's voices from the bar call across the yards the sun has just set the dishes are washed and stacked on the draining board the apartment is tidy and a quiet glass of something to drink makes rings on the desk next to me why o why is starting something new so incredibly difficult?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey chuck,
thanks for the comment on my paper proposal. the folks who make the decisions have not bothered to respond...c'est la vie. You are so right about the process...I struggle for weeks trying to start something new. it is agonizing.

cake said...

read my mind.

Daaimah Mubashshir said...

this is my second time reading your post. many beginnings are brutal. it baffles me that I blindly and repeatedly believe in them despite their truculency. (i.e my move to Madison is going Fantastic!)