Monday, July 09, 2007

quick sketch

At the Bus Stop, in Capital Hill, Sunday night karaoke is sung by the neighborhood's most interesting people, including my old friend Seanna, who performed a killer cover of Sid Vicious' "My Way," and H's old friend GC, who tore it up with a rousing rendition of Modest Mouse's "Float On." The beer was nice and cold, and we drank until no one was left but us, and they threw us out. You should have seen H. do his cover of Gary Newman's "Cars" -- it brought down the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hope you are feeling better and having a good time in Seattle. Did you get to check the Rich and Gretchen map? The Bus Stop, I think, was not yet on Capital Hill when I lived there in the late 90s -- and for some reason, we always said "on" capital hill instead of in capital hill, but that could have been my ideosyncratic thing. I am catching up on your blog and laughed about your massage story.

On that thought, my friend Ellen does massage in Seattle, has for years and years, and really is the best. you met her at my wedding. SHe goes to hotels downtown to work (brings the table with her to your room) and has (or had) a space for massage on capital hill. She's at bloomflowergrow@hotmail.com.

Gretchen