Wednesday, April 04, 2007

inside





For those of you following in my footsteps, here's three shots I took of the inside that also made it onto the camera. The shots I took of the bathroom didn't come out, but you can see its folding door next to this little brown couch, pictured here with my Dickies backpack thrown on top. The little desk did not come in handy for writing, but you could, ostensibly, sit at it and gaze out the window at the teepee next door while your tamales microwave on high. I kept my laptop on my lap as I sat on the brown couch with my notes spread out around me.
Yes, it is dark in the teepee, although a little bit of sunlight comes in through tiny windows and, of course, the front door, if you keep it open. (I did find one mosquito and one brown recluse in the teepee.)
I say it is high time we claim Wharton as a writer's retreat -- a place for solitude and focus.

Dibs on Teepee 2!

5 comments:

chuck said...

okay -- sorry, to mislead: actually, not a brown recluse at all (had to look that up . . .). what are those big, brown spiders that don't kill you if they bite you?

GreenDaddy said...

I like the horses on the bedspread. Seems like one might have interesting dreams under such a bedspread inside a concrete cone.

Do you think the spider was a "daddy longlegs"? We had lots of those in Alabama and I haven't seen one for a while. That would be another plus, for me at least.

Anonymous said...

Big brown spider that doesn't kill you if it bites you = wolf spider

MaGreen said...

when i first glanced at the pictures and over the text without reading properly, i assumed these were pictures of a revamp of your bedroom. i thought: "horses. cool. he really mead everything look so spare and easy to inhabit. where do you get brown curtains, somehow they work..."

perhaps anybody considering asking me for redecorating advice ought to pass on the idea....

Robin said...

I skimmed (meaning I just looked at the pictures) an article about Route 66 today. There was a picture of the California sister site of the Wharton tepees. Check out the Wigwam Motel http://www.wigwammotel.com/ They look a lot more like tepees to me.

PS I have no opinions about the bedspread yet, but will add another comments as soon as one hatches.